Andover and District Mencap are currently seeking to recruit Support Workers on Full Time, Part Time and Casual basis. We will be holding a Recruitment Day on 8th August and 9th August for candidates that are interested in applying for these positions.
To register your interest in attending our Recruitment Day please contact HR on 01264 321840 or email [email protected] The deadline to register your interest is 12 pm on Thursday 2nd August.
“Enabling choice and independence” is at the heart of what we do and as a Support Worker your duties will include:
• Supporting clients to access a varied range of leisure and educational activities in the local community
• Supporting clients to participate in all activities as per their individual support/care plan including personal hygiene, meal preparation, domestic and tenancy related tasks, budgeting and personal finance.
• Introducing clients to a range of facilities and amenities in the local area, working alongside the client to explore and create opportunities for social and leisure activities.
• Assisting clients to maintain friendships and family links as well as helping clients to form new relationships.
• Facilitating and supporting clients in decision making, promoting choice and independence
What you’ll need:
Experience is not necessary as full training will be provided. To succeed in this exciting and rewarding role you will need:
• Fantastic communication skills and a caring manner
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Flexible with your availability and willing to work every other weekend
• Commitment to continuous learning and development
• Willing to work towards relevant qualifications
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and references.