Andover and District Mencap are currently seeking to recruit Support Workers on a Permanent and Casual basis. We will be holding two Recruitment Days this month on 25th and 26th April for candidates that are interested in applying for these positions.
To register your interest in attending our Recruitment Day, or to find out more about our specific vacancies, please contact a member of the HR Team on 01264 321840 or email [email protected]. The deadline to register your interest is 12pm on Monday 22nd April.
“Enabling choice and independence” is at the heart of what we do and as a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Supporting clients to access a varied range of leisure and educational activities in the local community
- Supporting clients to participate in all activities as per their individual support/care plan including personal hygiene, meal preparation, domestic and tenancy related tasks, budgeting and personal finance.
- Introducing clients to a range of facilities and amenities in the local area, working alongside the client to explore and create opportunities for social and leisure activities.
- Assisting clients to maintain friendships and family links as well as helping clients to form new relationships.
- Facilitating and supporting clients in decision making, promoting choice and independence
What you’ll need:
Experience is not necessary as full training will be provided. To succeed in this exciting and rewarding role you will need:
- Fantastic communication skills and a caring manner
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible with your availability and willing to work every other weekend
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Willing to work towards relevant qualifications
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and references.